Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Money is a by-product, not a goal...

What if money were just a by-product of doing what you love?

What if the ONLY way to get money was to BE DOING what you loved, and the more you loved it, the more money you got??!

What if that REALLY is how it works? What would YOU do? How would you "spend" your time?

I say that is EXACTLY how it really works!!!

Ask people what they want, and most of them will say "more money". ...They want it to pay bills, buy more stuff, take a trip, get a new car, to quit that stinkin' job, whatever.

But, in actual fact, money is not what they REALLY want - the money is just a means to an end. What they REALLY want is what they believe the money will do for them (or free them from...) What they REALLY want is the security of knowing that the bills are all paid and there is more where that came from, the ease or entertainment that the latest gadget can bring, the relaxation of time away from worry, better health, more joy, fun, warmth, comfort, beauty, freedom, or even just permission to live the life they have always wanted! (...and usually a combination of all of the above!)

The trick is that THAT is EXACTLY how money is manifested - by focusing on that which you want the money FOR!!!

Then, DO THAT thing!! Think about what the money would do for you (or allow you to do) and DO THAT!!! Take any action you can toward that thing as your goal rather than waiting for the money before you do it, do something, ANYTHING! Start doing anything you can to go in the direction of what the REAL goal is NOW!

What do I want a whole heap of money for? To pay-back any money I owe to anyone, to landscape the little tiny patch of soil I call my front yard, to hire a professional organizer to help me clean, to take some time off to write a book... How can I start doing these things, or at least take steps toward having the experience I want for my life right now? I bet you can think of many possible steps I could take! ..I can pay-back just one person, I can plant one plant a week, I can clean out one drawer, I can write for 15 minutes a day - and that is just a few things! If I were to do any of these regularly, I would eventually have what I wanted even without extra money. But my REAL message here is that as soon as you START taking action to make the experiences you seek a reality, you are simultaneously manifesting the money at the same time! When you are "spending" your time doing something you value, and taking action toward your goal, or doing something you love - you ARE attracting more money!

The truth is you are not poor - you have everything you need right now! You just need to start to take action based on the BELIEF that you do...

What if the ONLY way to get money was to BE DOING what you loved, and the more you loved it, the more money you got??!

What would you be doing?

As best you can - start doing THAT now.